© Copyright 2024.

Facebook instagram



From Ministry of Information and Communications, we can obtain a filming permit. Documents Required:

–A letter made by the assigned local coordinator, informing the Secretary of Ministry of Information and Communications of the purpose of applying for shooting permit.

–An assignment letter made by the foreign filmmaker, showing they have chosen and hired a local coordinator.

–An Application Form as prescribed by the rules affixing Nepali postal stamp amounting NPR 50.

–Supporting documents needed for permit consideration:

–Synopsis of the filming story. Story board for TV Commercials.

–Treatment for documentaries.

–Theme (concept) and Lyrics for music videos.

Details of content and objectives of programme presentation for TV programs:

–Name-list, passport numbers, positions and arrival date of foreign film crew with biodata.

–A schedule of filming in Nepal specifying exact dates and locations (for all types of productions)

–Equipment list with values for custom clearance.

–Consent letters of concerned organisations:

–Consent Letter of Department of Archaeology if filming in archaeological places like Kathmandu, Patan, Bhaktapur, Changunarayan, Durbar Squares, Boudhanath, Lumbini, Swayambhunath etc. For filming in these areas, Department of Archaeology will appoint one liaison officer who should be paid NPR 200.00 everyday as allowance.

–Consent Letter of Pashupati Development Fund Office, Gaushala, Kathmandu if filming in the Pashupatinath temple area.

–Consent letter of Sanctuary Fund if filming in Annapurna Conservation Areas.

–Consent letter of Ministry of Culture, Tourism & Civil Aviation if filming is to be done in upper Mustang and upper Dolpa. The fees is US $5000.00 per each place.

–Consent letter of Department of Wildlife Conservation, Babarmahal, Kathmandu if filming in conservation areas.

–Consent letter of Lumbini Development Fund if filming in Kapilvastu (Lumbini), birth place of Lord Gautam Buddha.

–LOCATION CHARGES may depend upon the location where the filmmaker is going to film.

–Authorization letter to the Travel Agency/Local Domestic Film Production Company, as a local coordinator by the producer.